Podcast: Click here to listen in new window
Here are the notes for episode #6 of The No Drama Mamas Podcast. Be sure to check back every Thursday for a new episode, and subscribe at Apple Podcasts/NoDramaMamas
In this episode, Jackie and Joelle talk Self Care and Self Compassion. Jackie and Joelle talk about the importance of mamas taking care of themselves-physically and emotionally. The mamas cite articles and studies which argue the importance of self-care, and offer suggestions how moms can make a self care and self compassion practice a reality. As always, this episode includes real tips and physical resources for listener take aways.
Got a question you’d like us to answer or a topic you’d like us to discuss? Email us at NoDramaMamasPodcast@gmail.com
- [5:38] Kristen Neff, Ph.D. defines self compassion
- [7:26] “Science explains the link between self-compassion and success”
- self compassion and increased motivation
- self compassion increases happiness
- self compassion improves body image
- self compassion increases self worth
- self compassion increases resiliency
- self compassion reduces psychological distress
- [13:08] “Mom self-care is non negotiable” by Mia Redrick
- [15:44] Book Recommendations
- Operating Instructions by Ann Lamott
- Hands Free life
- Simplicity Parenting
- Mommy burnout Dr. Sheryl G. Ziegler
- Self-Compassion by Dr. Kristen Neff
- [19:14] Tips to make Self Care actually happen!
- [23:40] MomTra
- [24:22] Gratitudes
Our podcast album photo was taken by our talented, funny, smart, beautiful, and generous friend Kayla Monzack. And yes, we really were cracking each other up.
The music featured in our show is “Carry Your Own Weight” by Forget the Whale. You can find them at www.facebook.com/forgetthewhale, and their music is on Spotify, iTunes, YouTube, Apple Music, Soundcloud….all over