Podcast: Click here to listen in new window
Here are the notes for episode #5 of The No Drama Mamas Podcast. Be sure to check back every Thursday for a new episode, and subscribe at Apple Podcasts/NoDramaMamas
In this episode, Joelle talks with mom-expert child nutritionist Amy Gardner, MS, RD. Amy and Joelle talk about the nutrients kids need most, turning down the feeding drama, and picky eaters. As always, this episode includes real tips and physical resources for listener take aways.
Got a question you’d like us to answer or a topic you’d like us to discuss? Email us at NoDramaMamasPodcast@gmail.com
- [0:40] Introducing guest Amy Gardner
- Amy’s education and background
- [3:36] Question 1: What nutrients do kids need?
- Kids are born with innate ability to self regulate
- [6:00] Protein
- [8:20] Calcium
- [10:30] Mineral (Magnesium, Iron, Zinc)
- [13:40] Question 2: How can parents help kids to eat well?
- Division of Responsibility (Ellen Satyr)
- [20:00] Food Chaining (Fraker, C. et al)
- [21:08] Question 3: Any suggestions for helping picky eaters?
- [24:04] Question 4: Taking the temp down on the food drama
- [25:59] Resources
- [27:13] How to contact Amy
- [28:10] Gratitudes
How to contact Amy (Metrowest nutrition)
Fearless Feeding by Jill Castle
Our podcast album photo was taken by our talented, funny, smart, beautiful, and generous friend Kayla Monzack. And yes, we really were cracking each other up.
The music featured in our show is “Carry Your Own Weight” by Forget the Whale. You can find them at www.facebook.com/forgetthewhale, and their music is on Spotify, iTunes, YouTube, Apple Music, Soundcloud….all over