EPISODE #4: It’s Not Fair!
Podcast: Click here to listen in new window
Here are the notes for episode #4 of The No Drama Mamas Podcast. Be sure to check back every Thursday for a new episode, and subscribe at Apple Podcasts/NoDramaMamas
Have your kids ever said, “It’s Not Fair?” You are not alone. In this episode, Jackie and Joelle discuss accusations of unfairness at home and offer suggestions and resources to help parents to understand and calm the injustice drama.
Got a question you’d like us to answer or a topic you’d like us to discuss? Email us at NoDramaMamasPodcast@gmail.com
- [0:40] Introducing the It’s Not Fair topic
- [4:10] Nerding out-Kids’ moral reasoning and unfairness
- “It’s Not Fair!” Today’sParent.com
- [7:25] Web Resource roundup-
- [10:02] MidlifeMamas.com
- [11:55] Picture Book Rec-A Birthday for Frances (and Jackie sings)
- [12:50] Planet Fair vs. Planet Equal Game (midlifemamas.com)
- [13:45] Fair is Fair by Sonny Varela
- [15:00] Practical tips for dealing with It’s Not Fair!
- ” The Problem With Fair” by Betsy Brown Braun
- [19:57] Momtra of the week (and we both sing-badly)
- [21:21] Gratitudes
Recommended Web Resources:
Our podcast album photo was taken by our talented, funny, smart, beautiful, and generous friend Kayla Monzack. And yes, we really were cracking each other up.
The music featured in our show is “Carry Your Own Weight” by Forget the Whale. You can find them at www.facebook.com/forgetthewhale, and their music is on Spotify, iTunes, YouTube, Apple Music, Soundcloud….all over