EPISODE #2: Self-Regulation
Podcast: Click here to listen in new window
Here are the notes for episode #2 of The No Drama Mama Podcast. Be sure to check back every Thursday for a new episode, and subscribe at Apple Podcasts/NoDramaMamas
In this episode, Jackie and Joelle discuss Self-Regulation and offer some tips for helping you and your kids bounce back from and hopefully prevent meltdowns.
Got a question you’d like us to answer? Email us at NoDramaMamasPodcast@gmail.com
- [1:12] Self Regulation definition
- [4:52] What Size is the Problem? (SocialThinking)
- [7:04] Tools for helping kids with self regulation
- [7:07] Hot Cocoa Breathing
- [9:28] Headspace Mindfulness App
- [10:38] Safe spaces for big emotions
- [13:25] Momtra of the week
- [15:06] AhaParenting article
- [16:30] Jen Hatmaker Article
- [17:19] Gratitudes
Recommended Web Resources:
What size is this problem?
Our podcast album photo was taken by our talented, funny, smart, beautiful, and generous friend Kayla Monzack. And yes, we really were cracking each other up.
The music featured in our show is “Carry Your Own Weight” by Forget the Whale. You can find them at www.facebook.com/forgetthewhale, and their music is on Spotify, iTunes, YouTube, Apple Music, Soundcloud….all over