Podcast: Click here to listen in new window
Subscribe and leave us a review!
You can get e-mail updates when we publish a new episode or listen here at MomSeekingBalance.com/podcasts
Here are the notes for episode #11 of The No Drama Mamas Podcast. Be sure to check back every Thursday for a new episode, and subscribe and leave us a review at Apple Podcasts/NoDramaMamas
In this episode, Jackie and Joelle respond to a listener request to discuss SLEEP. The Mamas discuss bedtime woes, night terrors, easy waking, and other sleep issues. Jackie and Joelle share their own bedtime stories, cite research and articles, and offer suggestions how we all can turn down the sleep drama. As always, this episode includes real tips and physical resources for listener take aways.
- Got a question you’d like us to answer or a topic you’d like us to discuss? Email us at NoDramaMamasPodcast@gmail.com
- [0:49] Text request from a listener friend to talk about SLEEP
- [5:50] Fear of the Dark
- nightlight, flashlight, play daytime games in the dark with your child
- [7:38] Bedtime Stalling
- Bedtime Passes (for bathroom break, drink, hug, etc.)
- [9:27] Helping your child become more independent at night
- Sleep Lady’s (Kim West) gentler method
- [11:46] Helping your child fall asleep earlier
- Fading technique
- [ 13:35] Make bedtime boring to help your child wind down (Alisa Norstein)
- Lavender warm compress/bath, white noise
- [14:50] Late Night visitations
- [16:40] Night Terrors
- [22:24] More bedtime tips to turn the drama down
- [24:00] Momtra (It’s Not forever, It’s just for right now)
- [24:54] Gratitudes
Our podcast album photo was taken by our talented, funny, smart, beautiful, and generous friend Kayla Monzack. And yes, we really were cracking each other up.
The music featured in our show is “Carry Your Own Weight” by Forget the Whale. You can find them at www.facebook.com/forgetthewhale, and their music is on Spotify, iTunes, YouTube, Apple Music, Soundcloud….all over