For me, it’s a struggle to find balance. I’ve always been a perfectionist. When I try to give up the need for things to always be “just right”, my pendulum swings too far in the other direction, and I’m not happy there either.
80/20 Living is my attempt at finding some kind of balance. in my life. If I succeed-in all facets of my life-to be the person/mother/friend/partner I strive to be 80% of the time, I can accept the other 20%. It’s about accepting the “off days,” and not beating yourself up for the time you forgot to call on your friend’s birthday, when your kids had “movie time” for the third day that week, or lost your cool with your spouse or kids and reacted how you wish you hadn’t.
80/20 Living is about striving to be your best self, and honoring and accepting your whole imperfect self. That’s what balance means to me.