A little over a year ago I published a post called 25 reasons to smile. I’ve pasted part of the intro to that post below
“The holidays can be a strange blend of wonderful and stressful. It always helps me to step back and be mindful of all the little things, and I definitely need to be reminded to do this. This year, I’m hanging this list on my fridge to make sure that I don’t forget all of the little things that can have a big impact on my day.”
It’s been over a year, and I’m not home to hang this list on my fridge, but the list of things I am grateful for grows and grows. I’ve maintained my daily gratitude practice for almost three years, and it has made a tremendous difference in the way I look at life. There is always a reason to be grateful. In my darkest hours, when gratitude seems like too grand of a concept, it helps me to remember that there is always a reason to smile.
Here are 25 more (little) things that give me a (big) smile.
- When little kids hug each other
- The Sunday Comics
- Old ladies with red hair
- Photos of dogs wearing sunglasses
- Old men at the post office
- Streaming video services
- Annie’s Bunny Fruit Snacks
- Poorly constructed survey questions (it’s the researcher in me)
- Anything with Will Ferrell in it-even Ricky Bobby.
- Die-hard sports fans & their superstitions
- Learning about things because of my kids (dinosaurs, NASCAR, Pokemon)
- Gentle Curse words like Sugar! and Heavens to Betsy!
- The resurfacing of toys from my youth (Easy Bake Oven, Trolls, Nintendo)
- Seeing someone I know at a red light
- The book Caps For Sale (the monkeys get me every time)
- Inter-Library Loan
- When someone offers to return my cart at the grocery store
- A fresh box of crayons
- Framed children’s artwork
- Appetizers for dinner nights
- The Family Feud
- Those Taylor Swift Goat mash-up videos
- Scrabble words that start with Q
- Blue skies on a freezing cold winter day
That’s the list for 2016. What little things make you smile?